With 32 years of experience treating athletes, I am constantly searching for the most efficient, least invasive tools to return athletes of all ages and shapes to their passion. It might be someone who wants to get back to their three mile jog four times a week, or a defensive end for an NFL team. I’ve treated NBA hoopsters who baffled the team trainers and doctor.
As a doctor of chiropractic, I have been trained to find out what is NOT working properly. Unlike many other ‘body-working’ professions, I am constantly seeking out what is TURNED OFF in the body, putting it further out of balance. Isolating and evaluating individual muscles, tendons as well as joints and ligaments, is a primary focus before determining what would be the optimal treatment protocols.
Some of the tools in my ‘body shop’ include:
- Chiropractic adjustments, by hand and with state of the art electronic adjusting tools;
- Neuro-muscular re-education soft tissue techniques
- Cold laser therapy (class III and Class IV)
- Proprioceptive – Deep Tendon Reflex (P-DTR®) a technique developed by orthopedic surgeon Dr. José Palomar.
This work recognizes that the sensory receptors (touch, pressure, hot, cold, pain, etc.), and the way the body processes the information from these receptors, is paramount in determining neuromuscular responses throughout the entire body. Motor function is not just determined by the motor system, but rather is modified by the inputs of these receptors. Using a comprehensive system of muscle testing and neural challenges, involved receptors can be located and normal function can be quickly restored.
- Fascial taping -a certified ROCKDOC.
- Custom casting of orthotics for feet and lower extremity (as well as the rest of the body) problems—done the old fashioned way, making specific measurements of all foot ranges of motion and then making plaster casts of the feet in a non weight bearing position (not stepping into a foam box..)! We use the laboratory that makes orthoses for the LA Lakers.
- If necessary, injured parts can be temporarily immobilized with the aid of braces and belts, which we keep in our clinic for ease of dispensing.
- We have exercise tools available, including exercise balls, foam rollers, stretch bands of varying resistance, tennis and lacrosse balls for self myofascial release technique.
- A certified massage therapist is a part of the team to aid in speeding recovery from injuries. Techniques include but are not limited to: Sports Massage, Deep Tissue, Myofascial Release, Cranio-Sacro Technique
- Non-pharmaceutical, all natural, anti-inflammatory topical and oral drops, and encapsulations, as well as homeopathic remedies to minimize pain and inflammation and accelerate the body’s recovery from trauma.